Request for Proposal
Municipal Software System
The City of Gardiner, Maine (population 5,800) is requesting proposals for a complete municipal software system. This proposal is due at Gardiner City Hall, 6 Church Street, Gardiner, Maine 04345, by April 5, 2013 at 4PM (attention Anne Davis). Please enclose 5 (five) copies of the proposal.
- This proposal must include the following information:
- Specifications for hosting on a local server
- The cost (per hour) for training
- The cost (per hour) for data retro-conversion
- Individual pricing for each module
- Cost for software licensing
- Annual maintenance costs
- Implementation plan/time schedule
- This proposed software package must include the following:
- An interface to our Assessing software product (Vision)
- Financial Accounting module:
Within the financial accounting module, the City will need to have the following capabilities:
- Payroll/human resources, bank statement reconciliation, general ledger, budgeting, purchasing/payables, report writing, workflow, capability to download to Microsoft Office products and a secure audit trail
- A Fixed Assets module
- A Code Enforcement module
- Revenue module:
The RFP should include the following modules for revenue tracking capabilities, if you cannot include any of them, please explain:
- Tax billing/lien process, utility billing/lien process, miscellaneous billing, interface with the State of Maine’s InForMe portal, Maine State licensed Motor Vehicle module (full agent), Clerk functions that include dog licensing, business licensing, electronic billing, report writing, downloads to Microsoft Office products, a resident portal, report writing and a secure audit trail
- This product must include a backup system and tiered access controls for the modules.
- Successful candidates must be prepared to do a detailed demonstration of the software package on a date determined by City of Gardiner staff.
All inquiries about this RFP must be done via email to: email@example.com. The City of Gardiner currently is using MSGovern, a Harris Computer Product; Infinite Visions, a Tyler Technology Product and Munis Motor Vehicle module (Tyler Technologies).
The City of Gardiner reserves the right to accept or reject any bid for any reason whatsoever and to accept alternatives to the above specification for bidding whenever the municipal officers in their sole and absolute discretion deem it in the best interests of the City to do so.