Request for Quotes
City of Gardiner, Maine
Public downtown wireless network
The City of Gardiner, Maine (population 5,800) is seeking quotes to install a public wireless network in the downtown area. The City of Gardiner is seeking 2 separate quotes:
- Installation of a public access network in our downtown Waterfront Park (situated along the Kennebec River).
- Installation of a public access network that is accessible from the Waterfront Park, up to City Hall (6 Church Street), down Mechanic Street, down Brunswick Avenue over to Maine Avenue (map included)
Please include the following information:
- The devices proposed for the network
- Expected warrantees on all hardware
- Software needed to manage the network
- Cost of an Internet provider
- Expected broadband availability
- Capability to manage broadband access
- Yearly maintenance fees
Please send all quotes to Anne Davis, Gardiner Public Library, 152 Water Street, Gardiner, Maine, 04345. Any questions about the project should be via email (email@example.com) and quotes are due by Monday, May 27, 2013 at 4:30PM. Please enclose 5 copies of the quotes.
The City of Gardiner reserves the right to accept or reject any bid for any reason whatsoever and to accept alternatives to the above specification for bidding whenever the municipal officers in their sole and absolute discretion deem it in the best interests of the City to do so.