Seasonal Buildings and Grounds Worker
Performs moderately heavy unskilled work in maintenance of City grounds and/or property using hand or power tools or equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, digging and raking. Work is performed under general supervision – a supervisor makes periodic inspections to ensure satisfactory performance of work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works as a member of crew on caring for City buildings and grounds using hand and power tools and equipment.
- Removes dirt, rubbish, and refuse from grounds
- Repairs athletic fields, parking lots, cemetery lots
- Performs maintenance work to City facilities/grounds/roadways with use of motorized heavy-duty equipment such as trucks, tractors, riding or walk-behind mowers, edgers, etc.
- Performs related work as assigned
Please apply by May 31, 2013 with a cover letter and resume or application to the Public Works Director, 6 Church Street, Gardiner, Maine 04345, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. EOE