What is the JOE-4-OIL Heat Program?
The Oil Heat Program offers free heating oil to people in financial need who can't afford to pay their heating bills. Each eligible household is allowed a one-time delivery per heating season of 100 gallons of home heating oil for free.
Who Qualifies for Assistance?
You are eligible if you have a financial hardship and need help paying your heating bills. There are no citizenship requirements. You do not need proof of immigration status.
How to Apply
- Applicants must call 1-877-JOE-4-OIL (1-877-563-4645) to apply for the program.
- Applications are not available online.
- A customer service representative will take some preliminary information over the phone.
- The applicant will receive an Income Verification Form by mail.
- The applicant must fill in their income, sign and return this form.
- For qualified applicants, a voucher for oil will be sent to their home.
- The customer is responsible for contacting their approved dealer and scheduling a delivery.
- Our Program only approves a one time delivery of 100 gallons per household.
The application process takes four to five weeks as it is not an emergency assistance program.