The City Manger shall be the administrative head of the City and shall be responsible to the Mayor and City Council for the administrative management of all departments of the City. The powers and duties of the City Manger shall be as follows:
1. To act as purchasing agent for the whole City. Each department head shall make requisitions to the purchasing agent for their several needs and he shall be the only person authorized to make contractors of purchase for the City.
2. To make appointments as provided for in this charter.
3. To assign the duties of two or more officers to one officer.
4. To divide the duties of any office between two or more officers.
5. To attend meetings of the City Council (except when his removal is being considered) and recommend for adoption such measures as he may deem expedient.
6. To keep the City Council fully advised as to the business and financial condition of the City as well as the future needs of the City and to furnish the City Council with all the available facts, figures and data connected therewith when requested.
7. To perform such other duties as may be prescribed by this Charter or required by ordinance of the City Council.