Recreational Vehicle Registration Reminder


With Memorial Day quickly approaching we would like to remind our residents that about a year ago Maine Inland Fisheries and Wildlife informed us that the City of Gardiner can no longer re-register ATV's, Boats and Snowmobiles by simply looking up your information.

The customer is required to provide proof of ownership to renew a registration. We can accept a copy of your previous registration, a picture of the VIN # or a picture of the sticker as proof of ownership.

We understand that this can be very frustrating, especially because some people store their boat/ATV/Snowmobile at their camp. However, Gardiner City Hall staff does not have any flexibility in this matter. We are acting as an agent for Inland Fisheries & Wildlife and therefor are bound to follow their rules and regulations. We appreciate your understanding.