The Solid Waste and Recycling Advisory Committee's purpose is to support and assist the Gardiner City Council in its efforts to improve recycling and solid waste in our community.
The committee intends to:
- On behalf of the city, participate in exploring improved recycling on a cooperative, regional basis; explore the possbility of a transfer station and/or recycling center in the city, along with other options;
- Develop and implement an education campaign about the importance of improving recycling in Gardiner and the options available;
- Explore options for solid waste disposal in Gardiner, including an alternative to Hatch Hill;
- Provide periodic progress reports to the City Council;
- Keep residents and businesses informed.
The Solid Waste and Recycling Advisory Committee encourages all Gardiner residents who have an interest in improved recycling to participate in the committee's efforts. We have established a distribution list for folks who want to be notified of special events, specific requests for help, etc. If you would like to be on the list, please send your request to Judith Dorsey (see below).