The Code Enforcement office administers land use law and regulations within the City of Gardiner.
The Code Enforcement Office provides services that guide the physical development of Gardiner toward the achievement of community goals. These services include, but are not limited to, permits, inspections, and enforcement.
The Code Enforcement Officer performs many functions, including but not limited to: Building Inspector, Plumbing Inspector, Land Use/Shoreland Zoning Officer, Health Officer, E-911 Addressing Officer and Tree Warden.
The purpose of the Code Enforcement Office is to work in partnership with the people of Gardiner by providing effective and consistent administration, which includes the following:
- Issuing permits after review of applications and construction plans for residential, commercial, and industrial buildings and structures.
- Pre-construction inspections including site conditions, setback verifications, building envelope assessment, vegetative cutting, excavation, high water determination, and drainage.
- Construction inspections including foundation, structural framing, insulation, disability accessibility, egress, internal plumbing, septic systems, building alteration, swimming pools, signs, site maintenance, retaining walls, and erosion control.
- Post construction inspections including occupancy permits, site stabilization, health and safety, and handicap accessibility.
- Enforcement of City of Gardiner Code, Gardiner Land Use Ordinance including Floodplain and Shoreland, Maine Uniform Building and Energy Code (MUBEC), Maine Uniform Plumbing Code, Maine Subsurface Wastewater Disposal (septic system) Rules, State Statutes, and Federal Law.
|Angelia Christopher||Administrative Assistant||207-582-6892|